Stock unless otherwise stated.
We will follow MMSA 2017
1. Any 2 or 4 door foreign or domestic car with 94"
to 101.5" wheelbase.
Wheelbase must match make and model of car. Stock
2. May have complete aluminum body but must retain
stock shape and appearance.
3. Inner panels may be removed.
4. No FWD or MID engine cars.
5. Must have floor pan on both sides to rear of
6. Must have rear firewall or driver compartment
must be boxed in.
7. After market nose piece ok. MD3 nose ok. Molded
fenders must mount flush on top and sides of metal
fenders and no wider than 1 inch outside the tires.
8. May run a 6 inch rear spoiler - can't
go over side of quarter panel - no longer than width
of car . Spill plates ok. Spill plates measurements
bottom 16" rear 8"
high 4" across the top rear
and 4" high in the front.
9. Interior spoiler no more than 4"
and no higher than dash.
10. Rear bumpers must NOT extend past the inside of
the rear tires unless it has a bumper cover or turns
forward (if turned forward must be on a 90* angle NO
11. 68" max width at any
12. 38" max ground to deck at
bottom of spoiler.
13. Aluminum OK to close rear of car MUST come down
to frame rails (No holes or flaps)
14. May use lexan in rear windows.
15. Must run hood.
16. Breather may stick thru hood.
17. Cold airbox OK but air holes in hood only not in
18. May have hole in firewall big enough for header
to pass thru (Tech discretion if hole is too big)
19. May replace top 1/4 of firewall with steel or
aluminum metal (this doesnít mean the whole fire
wall) no lower than the original master cylinder
hole in firewall. NO holes above or below the deck.
**Acceptable body infractions will result in up to a
50lb penalty in the area of the infraction** **All
body infractions are not acceptable-Tech Mans
1. Must have roll cage and
all safety equipment.
2. Roll cage must be secured to unibody.
3. May tie chassis together
by splitting floor pan and put square tubing in from
the top and may stick thru the floor pan BUT NOT
4. Square/ roll cage tubing
from strut forward is acceptable.
5. May use square tubing or
roll cage material from back of shock mounts to rear
of car- must be straight- no angling of material.
6. All A-frame and trailing
arms must be stock and mounted in STOCK location.
(May cut lower A-frame for caster/camber
7. May cut Top trailing arm/s
or re-drill for pinion angle only.
8. Lowering blocks OK.
9. Caster/Camber plates OK.
10. Adjustable buckets or
Jacking bolts OK. (Buckets or Jack bolts may be
raise for spring travel).
11. May cut pan hard bar-
must be NON ADJUSTABLE.
12. Mono Balls allowed.
13. STOCK MOUNTED body shocks
may have heims (bottom only) May be adjustable. NO
CANISTER STYLE SHOCKS ALLOWED.
14. May adjust shocks for
travel but cannot change the angle of the shock.
(Not mounted to roll cage).
15. Offset in steering rack
16. Bump steer not allowed.
17. **$150 buy rule per
18. **$300 buy rule per
1. 4 wheel Disc brakes permitted must have OEM
2. Dual master Cylinder permitted.
3. 3 wheel brake shut off permitted.
4. NO adjuster or cut-off within reach of driver.
5. Stock rotors and drums. NO lightning but may
remove caliper and rotor on RF ONLY. (Ford on Ford,
Toyota on Toyota)
WHEELS & TIRES:
1. 8" max width. Beadlocks
OK; Outward facing Only
2. HOOSIER 400s (No grooving or siping)
3. NO Chemicals Allowed- see protest.
4. Needling allowed.
1. Any stock up to 8.8 for make of car
2. No gun drilled axles (May weigh axles to compare
3. No full spools.
4. Mini spool OK.
5. Housing cannot be modified for gear clearance
6. May lock rearend by weld, mini spool, limited
slip (Limited slip unit must be stock- NO
7. Cut gears add 25lbs.
8. If gears are polished, must add 20 lbs. (If cut
and polished, add both penalties).
*ALL PARTS OF ENGINE MUST HAVE BEEN AVAILABLE ON
CARS AND TRUCKS SOLD IN AMERICA. NO FRONT WHEEL
DRIVE HEADS, INTAKES, ETC, CAN BE USED ON A REAR
ENGINE: WEIGHT 1 LB PER CC 2000LB MINIMUM
1. Stock engine location - no
2. No engines with more than
2 valves per cylinder
3. Ford in a Ford, Toyota in
4. No rotary or turbo or double OHC permitted.
5. OEM blocks only .080 over
max bore + .010 for wear - not to exceed 2500 cc +
.080 over bore.
6. Ford may sleeve a 2300 cc
block to a 2000cc.
7. Aluminum cam gear or
8. Any steel connecting rod -
no aluminum or titanium.
9. NO titanium wrist pins.
10. Only Babbitt style
bearings allowed (NO roller bearings) Coated OK.
11. Stock crank with stock
stroke + .010 tolerance.
12. NO AFTERMARKET CRANKS (Stock lightened crank
must add 50 lbs in front of fire wall)
13. All engines must use an in-block wet sump oil
14. Racing oil pans permitted.
15. NO dry sumps allowed.
16. Any flat top piston - Toyota 1600 and 1800 may
run dome of .235 tall only. (.267 dome must add 50
17. Formula for cc - bore x bore x .7854 x stroke x
4 = cid then divide cid into .061 tolerance .010 for
18. May run EVAC to header only. NO VACCUM PUMPS.
19. May run electric water pump.
20. May run electric fuel pump.
21. Ignition- Stock or Melís Ignition ONLY. (No
Boosters on ignition) (NO traction control allowed).
22. Radiator must be mounted in front of engine.
1. MUST HAVE BEEN AVAILABLE ON US CARS FROM FACTORY
2. OEM may be changed from one size engine to
another without modification.
3. May have competition valve job with any angle or
depth. Must not touch bottom of valve boss.
4. All angles MUST be concentric with valve guide.
5. Any steel valve stock diameter may be undercut
stem +.009 tolerance
6. Valve stem must be stock diameter for year model
of head. (No 7mm valve stem in a Ford).
7. Double valve springs OK-must be steel.
8. Beehive valve springs OK- must be steel.
9. Any steel retainer
10. Lifter has to be stock diameter - solid OK
11. NO PORTING or POLISHING.
1. OEM only.
2. No fuel injection
manifolds. May modify for carburetor but must be
approved before race. May bore straight down for
clearance - NO RADIUS or BLENDING .
1. Stock carburetor or Holley 350 CFM (#7448 or
0-80787-1) or 500 cfm #4412- Must pass no go gauges.
2. Must have airhorn with number.
3. Float bowl must face forward.
4. May cut end of screws and have holes in
5. No thinning of shafts
6. No polishing or grinding
7. Spacer and adapter - any 1" max thick together -
8. 2 gaskets at .070 thick
1. Solid or hydraulic NO
2. Maximum .425 lift at valve
with .025 lash at valve for solid
3. Hydraulic ANY LIFT.
4. No swapping of any lobes -
must be in stock order
5. No roller or needle
bearings stock type only -coated OK
FLYWHEEL AND CLUTCH ASSEMBLY:
1. Stock flywheel must weigh
2. Must have stock or stock
replacement clutch and pressure plate.
3. NO LIGHTENING OF PRESSURE
4. Only grinding, adding
weight or drilled holes to pressure plate for
balancing. Drilled hole size is 7/16 diameter max
(NOT all the way around pressure plate) If there are
holes all around the pressure plate, it WILL be
5. Stud for pressure plate
OK. Must be a purchased stud, no custom, machined
6. Cannot relocate pressure plate bolt hole pattern
7. Scalloped flywheels add 50lbs
1. MUST BE STOCK with working
forward and reverse gears.
2. Cannot remove or lighten of gears.
1. Minimum of 1 1/2" diameter.
2. Must be steel.
3. Must have safety loop.
4. Must be painted white with number on it.
1. Spec Schoenfeld Fords #f-234v or #f-235v .
2. Toyotas #t168 Or stock manifold.
CC WEIGHTS, WEIGHT BREAKS AND PENALTIES:
1. Toyota 2tc and 3tc must weigh 2000 lbs. minimum.
2. Ford 2.0 must weigh 2150 lbs. minimum.
3. Any other than listed must weigh 1 lb. per cc.
4. HANS/ Full containment seat -25 lbs. (one or the
other, not for both)
5. Scalloped flywheel +50 lbs.
6. .267 Dome Toyota Only +50 lbs.
7. Cut / Lightened Ring Gear +25 lbs.
8. Polished Ring Gear +20 lbs.
9. Lightened crankshaft +50 lbs. ( In front of
**All weight breaks or penalties must be claimed on
hood/fender at all times and Tech Man notified**
PROTEST: (Two things only) $300.00 with track
Bottom end only protest: $400.00 with track
Under hood visual protest: $50.00 straight fee to
look at carb and stock exhaust manifold. (After
Tire Chemical Protest: $100.00 per tire to protest.
$100 per tire acceptance fee. 3 grooved strips
removed from tire & sent for lab testing.
Fuel Protest - $50.00