Cherokee Speedway Rules
General Track Rules
1. Driver and crewmembers will conduct themselves in a calm and sportsmanlike manner at all times.
2. Interpretation of rules and decisions of speedway officials will be final.
3. Ignorance of rules will not be accepted as an excuse for their violation.
4. The management reserves the right to refuse entry to any car or person without question.
5. The driver alone will be the sole spokesman for their car owner in any and all matters pertaining to the race and must talk with the official in charge.
6. Open drinking of intoxicants in the pit area by drivers will not be tolerated. Offenders will be subject to immediate ejection.
7. The following activities will result in fines, loss of winnings and points, and be subject to suspension and arrest. Loud and abusive language toward track officials, Starting or engaging in a fight, Deliberate contact during caution laps or after the race has completed., Disorderly conduct will not be allowed at the pay-off window Subjecting any employee or official to improper or abusive language or profane signs. Any person found with any weapon on him or his vehicle is also subject to arrest. Penalty will be at the official's discretion.
8. Any fines, suspensions, and/or protests must be settled with speedway management before a driver, car owner or crew member will be allowed to enter restricted area at another event.
9. Any cars entering race track other than at practice times allowed by flagman will be subject to action at discretion of flagman.
10. Any driver, car owner or crewmember going to the top of flag stand or tower without permission, to argue will be fined (minimum $150) at official's discretion.
11. Three features wins in a row in any division the driver or car must start his next race from the rear, (SECA Crate Late Model excluded). Special events are the exception, and the following weekly event will have the driver/car starting from the rear. Special events qualify as any purse paying $200 over the weekly WIN amount. (Young Guns will start in the rear after one win, exception being WC4CN).
12. Car number must appear on roof and both sides to be scored.
13. Any situation not specifically covered by this rulebook will be acted upon by flagman; pit steward or management and decisions shall be final.
14. All cars must have chain in front and rear for hook up!
15. Six inch self-supporting spoiler allowed in all classes.
16. Fire Retardant driver uniform, window net, helmet, five-point harness and fire extinguisher required. If caught at anytime without one of these items, you will not run that date and you will forfeit all points and money.
17. Track fuel only! Fuel must pass track test and track decision will be final.
18. Drivers may compete in two divisions per night but no more than 2, exception being Thunder Bomber and Young Guns. Change of drivers after heats will start in rear of main or will be disqualified. No exceptions!
19. A car is only allowed to compete in one division per night.
20. Any and all items not covered in these rules are non-protest items.
21. All prize money must be picked up at payoff window following day or night's racing activity. Failure to pick up money on night of race will result in forfeit of winnings. No exceptions.
22. Stock means that you cannot modify this part. (If the rules don't say you can- then you can't.)
23. The rules are configured to support different racetracks and what may be good at one track may not be good at another. As deemed necessary, the rules may be altered and/or changed to suit the track and/or the officials. Rules are based off of US production models and availability.
24. The track reserves the right to promote any driver up at any time without prior notice.
25. All 4 Cyl. classes may run heat shield no longer than cylinder head and may not extend past shock tower.
26. No electric or mechanical vacuum pumps allowed in any class
27. All bore & stroke measurements will have plus or minus .010” tolerance. CC’s and CI’s will be figured from actual measurements.
28. Exhaust EVAC system OK in all classes.
29. Bead locks OK all divisions. Outward facing only.
30. Mirrors and radios OK in all classes.
31. All weights or cc’s must be posted on hood. All weight penalties & weight breaks must be claimed on hood. If not posted and car is protested, this could result in a DQ.
32. SFI head restraints are highly recommended and may be required in the future. Approved head restraints are the Simpson Hybrid Pro*, Hybrid Pro Rage*, R3* and Hanns* Device. Any other system must have tech approval. A weight break of 25 lbs. will be given in all classes for each driver wearing a head restraint for the duration of the entire event. A foam neck brace does not qualify as a head restraint. It is the responsibility of the driver, not Cherokee Speedway to ensure that his/her device is approved, correctly installed, maintained and properly used. For divisions that are SECA sanctioned per SECA rules: Cars with a 10lb Automatic/Manual FE-36 Fire Suppression System will receive a 25 pound weight break. No weight break for Head & Neck Restraints or Full Containment Seat for SECA sanctioned divisions.
1. Attendance by drivers at drivers' meetings is mandatory.
2. Visual protests (requiring no measurements whatsoever) must be presented to Pit Steward in writing before feature line-up commences. No visual protests taken after track announcer has made call for cars to come to staging area.
3. All drivers must be ready to compete in the event for which they are scheduled. If you are not staged in line up when cars are called to the speedway, you will start tail of field.
4. All Drivers must have a working Raceceiver when on track!
1. After the race starts the Race Director/Flagman is in full control and his/her decisions will be final.
2. The Race Director/Flagman has final word on any on-track activities.
3. Any driver stopping before the completion of the first lap to bring out the caution will be put to the rear or penalized a lap at the discretion of flagman.
4. Any car (s) that is involved in any accident that brings out red or yellow flag will be lined up in the rear of the field. (This does not include cars that stop to keep from hitting the other cars.)
5. STARTS - All initial starts are double file, beginning off of turn four (4). Inside driver sets the pace. It is the outside driver's responsibility to stay beside him. Jumping starts will put you back one row. After 2 double file attempts (jumps do not count), line up will go single file, Crate Late Model excluded.
6. RE-STARTS - Leader may re-start anytime after lights go out down backstretch to Turn 4. Drivers jumping starts will be put in the rear.
7. Any cars not on the track when "okay" sign comes out will start at rear. .
8. MULTI-CAR WRECK ON FIRST LAP: All cars get their spot back. Single car spin will go to rear. Any cars going to pit will go to rear.
9. No work can be done on racecar on the track. No tools allowed on track. No crew is allowed on the track, ever! Track officials DO NOT pull sheet metal or perform work on cars!!
10. Any driver stopping on track and exiting car to argue with officials for any reason will be penalized at track official's discretion.
11. In the event that two or more cars cross the finish line at the same time, the car next to the infield can be declared the winner.
12. No car can receive any assistance from another car during the last lap of the race.
13. Any car stopping on the track deliberately will be penalized one lap for the infraction.
14. Rough driving will be dealt with through fines and/or suspensions.
15. No crewmembers on track without track official’s permission.
16. Race back to the checkered flag only. (Green and yellow lights on means race back.) If the track is blocked or driver’s life in danger, we will go back for green, white, and checkered.
17. Lap traffic must stay to inside of speedway. (Any cars trying to hold up leaders will be black-flagged.)
18. Any car charged with three (3) unassisted cautions will be black-flagged.
19. Bringing out the caution to stop from going a lap down will be scored one (1) lap down.
20. Track official decisions are final.
Post Race Process
1. Top three cars must cross scales in order of finish for inspection after heats and features. All cars must have weight and any weight penalties posted on hood be for crossing the scales Scale tolerance 5 lbs. all classes.
2. Only driver or owner may protest. Protesting driver must compete in race in question to file protest. All protests must be received by Tech Man and have his approval. Spite protests and protests done in an un-sportsmanlike manner will not be considered. If protested, driver may back pull protesting car only. Only cars in front of drivers finish position in order may be protested. Official’s decision is final.
3. All other protests must be presented to Tech Man, in writing, within five minutes of the winner of the feature race crossing the scales. Protest must be accompanied by protest fee. Back protests must be made within five minutes of notification that car been protested.
4. Driver of cars found illegal will forfeit points and money earned for entire race night.
5. The Tech Man has final word on any rule or protest.
6. coring protests must be made after the completion of all night's racing. Scoring protests will only be done in an orderly manner. NO ARGUING! Any disorderly conduct will result in disqualification and/or suspension.
7. Scale area is off limits to pit crews during official weighing. Please exit scale area after car has been pushed onto scales. No car will be weighed until area has been cleared.
1. After protest has been filed and money has been put up, it will not be returned for any reason. Protest cannot be taken down once it is filed; this is to avoid swapping money, which is unfair to rest of field.
2. For protest money to go to car that has been protested, he must tear down and be checked and found legal.
3. Protests or questions will be made by driver only.
4. To protest any car in the field, you must finish directly behind them or protest all cars between. Must be on lead lap at checkered flag. Protested car may back pull protesting car only on equal or less items.
5. All protests must be submitted to the Tech man within five (5) minutes after the first car has crossed the scales.
6. Driver filing protest is all that will be allowed in protest area other than security and track officials.
7. All visual protests must be made in the same manner, as other protests except they have to be made before any Main Events start. Cost is $25. Bodies are not protest item and will be governed by track.
8. Cost of protest in all divisions: two (2) items $300 top only. One protest per car per night- this is to stop any spite protest. (But may pull fuel also) Acceptance fee is $100 for protest. The protested car to accept the protest will put up this fee. If found to be legal, acceptance fee will be returned along with protest money MINUS tech fee ($100). This money goes to the track. If illegal, acceptance fee goes to track. Money and points will be forfeited.
9. Protested cars have (5) minutes to accept or refuse protest. After acceptance, protested car has 5 mins. to back pull protesting car. If he or she accepts the protest, parts must be ready for inspection within one (1) hour. (Tech man discretion)
POINTS SYSTEM for all divisions will be as follows:
1. Winner receives 100 points per race. (Points will be awarded to driver only)
2. Each person through the field drops 2 points, for each position (100, 98, 96, etc.)
3. Any car protested and found illegal will forfeit all points for the night.
4. If a tie for a position were to happen, the tie would be broken in the following way. (A) Most wins, (B) Most top 5 finishes, (C) Most top 10 finishes
5. If a tie still exists, the money for the position and the following position will be divided equally.
6. Points start with the first race in April and end the first week in October.
7. Double point races will be announced in advance.
8. Lowest points race per driver will be dropped. (Includes a no show or lowest race.)
SECA Crate Late Model
Cherokee Speedway SECA Crate Late Model division will follow (SECA) South Eastern Crate Association rules.
Refer to the SECA rules at: www.secaracing.com/rules.html
Tire Rule: 1350 HTS Spec, 1600 HTS Spec. We will allow the Crate 21 and 55 to run. No Steer Tires. No grooving or sipping. 1600 or 55 mandatory on right rear.
SECA Crate Sportsman
Cherokee Speedway SECA Crate
Sportsman division will follow (SECA) South Eastern Crate Association rules.
Refer to the SECA rules at: www.secaracing.com/rules.html
Note: Everything must remain stock unless otherwise stated.
8" Tread width racing tires. Hoosier M500 all the way
around. H500 is an optional tire.
* Super Street cars allowed. May run Cherokee tire rule.
* Stock unless otherwise stated.
* Must add 50 pounds if perches are moved.
* Johnson Chassis must add 50 pounds.
* Carolina Speedway cars may weigh 3000 pounds.
1. Body: Please see drawings at end of rule book: The objective of body rules are to keep the cars looking similar to each other and as close to stock while keeping them Race Cars. Any full size American car or truck, 102" wheelbase minimum. Top & Quarters must be stock looking. Deck height not to exceed 1" higher than stock. Doors & fenders may be aluminum. Must have steel floor pan under driver. Must run complete, enclosed cockpit. Front firewall location may be moved for engine clearance. Firewall may be replaced-aluminum or steel material only. Rear of car must be closed, no holes or flaps. Must run rear rubber bumper cover. Can cut for tire clearance & can remove inside wheel wells. Push bars must be behind grill. Any nose OK. NO flared fenders. AR Dirt Bodies approved. Solid mounts OK. Cars must remain stock appearing. All nose & tail pieces cannot be altered from stock. May have max. 6" rear spoiler ( 8" for 602- spec. side fins.) May run side spoilers 6" height by 12" long. May run one 4" spoiler inside car. Wings, rubbers, air scoops or anything that alters the stock appearance of the car will not be allowed. Hood and trunk straps permitted. (May run hole in hood for breather).
Chassis: Must have roll cage, and all safety equipment. Cage must secure to uni-body.
All cars frame may be tied together under floor pan. Wheel base stock (2"
tolerance). 7.5" MIN Chassis Height. T&L type chassis must run 602 crate motor.
Johnson Racing X.Y.G. Metric Chassis Allowed. ADD 50 LBS. (This is the ONLY
aftermarket chassis that is allowed.) Please visit
* All tubular frames will be serial numbered. Any tubular frame without the SECA or Crate Racing serial numbers will be considered illegal. Any Johnson frame or repaired clip found to be altered could result in fines or suspensions.
* Stock metric frames have to option to be repaired with SECA or Crate Racing USA tubular front and/or rear clip. Front and Rear clips will also have SECA or Crate Racing USA serial numbers.
* Stock metric frames have the option to run the following Johnson Racing Parts:
Left Upper A Frame - JCI-09-02-003R
Right Upper A Frame - JCI-09-02-003L
Left Lower A Frame - JCI-09-02-01RC-L-SP
Right Lower A Frame - JCI-09-02-01RC-R-SP
Rear Upper Trailing Arm - JCI-09-03-04B
Rear Lower Trailing Arm - JCI-09-03-03B
3. Suspension: Must be stock. Screw jacks OK on rear only. Lowering blocks OK. Adjustable cups OK. May cut top A-frames to adjust camber & caster (top a-arm only may be tube non adjustable). Stock perches, must be in stock location. May enlarge hole for shock clearance. Spindle savers OK. Steel, nylon bushing or monoballs OK. Steel body non adjustable racing shocks OK, may relocate rear only. Front shocks must remain in stock location. Front shock mounts may be moved up (vertically) to prevent bottoming out with 3" max. from stock position. Heim joints OK on shocks only. May cut rear top control arm only to adjust pinion angle. NO coil over type adjustments. Heim joints allowed only where stated.
4. Rearend: May run 9" Ford. Floater legal. Disc brakes legal.
5. Brakes: Stock caliper for make and type of car disc OK. (NO 4 piston calipers) Any pedals; Adjusters OK.
6. Wheels: Any steel 8" maximum. Large wheel studs okay. Bead locks OK, outward facing only.
7. Tires; Stock tires. Any Hoosier Med. Hard & RC4, American Racer 265 med. Or Goodyear G65. (8.5 inch maximum width)
8. Driveshaft: Any steel 1 1/2" or larger. Must be painted white, with car number. Must have safety loop.
9. Transmission: Must be stock with at least one forward & rear working gear. Bert/Brinn type tranny OK with reverse mount starter.
10. Flywheel: Stock flywheel (No less than 10 1/2", must weigh 14 lbs.) Clutch and pressure plate or triple disc clutch with flex plate is OK (No smaller than 5.5"). NO single disc.
11. Engine Location: # 1 spark plug in line or in front of top ball joint. 0 tolerance.
12. Fuel: Must pass track test. Fuel tank must be mounted inside of trunk.
13. Weight: Weight MUST be posted on hood due to different head rules. 3200 lbs. after race. Dart Heads 3300 lbs. after race. Crate engine cars with 604- 2900 lbs. after race. T&L Type cars with 602- 2700 lbs. T&L type cars with 604-3000 lbs. NO 4-link cars.
14. Engine Specs: Must match make of car, Chevrolet for Chevrolet, Ford for Ford, etc. 365 Max cid. Or GM crate motor Part # 88958604 (350 factory stock circle track engine - 88958604)
Block: Cast iron OEM only (no Bowtie or SVO). May plug, or install vent pipes, or screens. May Plug deck & re-drill water holes. Maximum cylinder bore of .080"
Crank: Any steel stock appearing crank. NO billet. 50 lb min weight. May balance (Drill hole, weld, minor grinding) For balancing purposes the counterweights may be turned- must maintain 1.950 for steel /1.750 for cast. NO knife edging. NO pendulum undercut. NO polishing or lightening of counterweights or throws. Will be weighed with cam gear & pilot bushing.
Rods: Any steel rods. NO aluminum or titanium rods.
Piston: Any flat top Eyebrows legal.
Oil Pan: Any wet sump oil pan.
Heads: Stock cast iron OEM, NO Bowtie or angle plug heads, may run Double hump. Competition valve job permitted, any angle any depth, all angles must be concentric with valve guide, May have .750-hand blend from top of 45 degree 7/8 will be wrong. Screw in studs and guide plates OK! Roller Rockers are permitted. Also may run Dart #10024266 57cc. Or Dart Iron Eagle sportsman Head # 10110010F. 180* Intake Ports, 49 cc, 47 min. Only other modification-competition valve job. 202 intake 160 exhaust. May also run World Product Head # 011250-037. Any head other than OEM GM MUST add 100 lbs.
Valve: Any stock diameter, steel valve permitted. Valve may have under cut stem
2.02" (intake) and 1.6" (exhaust) valve sizes are allowed.
Valve Spring: Any steel. Single or double.
Retainers: Any steel or titanium valve spring retainers allowed.
Cam: Hydraulic or Mechanical .500" lift max. Hydraulic checked with zero lash and mechanical check with .025" lash. Any Hydraulic or solid flat tappet lifter. Stock diameter only! All cams MUST be OEM firing order.
Lifter: Stock diameter NO roller lifter.
Intake: OEM Bowtie cast iron intake, or any aluminum, as casted NO
Fuel Pump: Stock only.
Carburetor: 650 Holley (# 4777) OK (NO 4 corner idle screws) May run a 2" Spacer with no more than (2) .070" thick gaskets. May drill holes in butterflies. Must pass track gauges.
Ignition: Stock, may have chip. Billet distributor OK. Any wires. MSD box allowed or same as.
Header: Headers OK. Exhaust EVAC system OK.
Engine Claim: Claimer rule on crate motor only 604 $5200 & 602 $3,550.00 track will keep $50.00. Engine will be received with accessories as supplied from GM. Only highest finishing crate engine may be claimed. Only driver on the same lap can claim. If more than one person claims, the driver finishing the farthest back gets 1st choice.
Protest: (Two things only) $300.00 with track retaining $100.00.
Bottom End Protest - $600.00 with track retaining $100.00.
602/604 Top End Protest - $500.00 - Consists of head, intake, carburetor,
spacer, check for factory pistons (Visual from top only) & distributor. Track
will retain $100.00.
Underhood Visual Protest - $50.00 Straight fee to look for carb # (After Heats
Tire Chemical Protest - $100.00 per tire to protest. $100 per tire acceptance
fee. 3 grooved strips removed from tire & sent for lab testing.
Fuel Protest - $50.00
Stock unless otherwise stated. Harris Speedway cars must weigh 3350 after race but may use the Hoosier racing tire. They must also go by Cherokee exhaust and shock rules.
Please see drawings at end
of rule book. The objective of body rules are to keep the
cars looking similar to each other and as close to stock while keeping them Race
1. Wheelbase - Stock wheel base for chassis being ran. Any chassis with a wheelbase shorter than 108" will not be allowed. No Jeeps or Station Wagons.
2. Rubber nose OK. Nose
must match tailpiece. (If you have a Camaro nose, you must run a Camaro
tailpiece, Monte Carlo, Nova Charger, etc.) No exotic or
late model style noses or elephant ears allowed.
3. Must run FULL tailpiece
rear of car. 20" min. height from
deck to bottom of tailpiece. No holes or flaps.
4. Must run complete, enclosed cockpit. Must have steel floor pan under driver. Front firewall location may be moved for engine clearance. Firewall may be replaced aluminum or steel material only. Top and quarters must be stock looking. Deck height not to exceed 1" higher than stock. Doors & fenders may be aluminum. Cars must remain stock appearing.
5. Spoiler - Maximum height 6". May run side spoilers. 6" high X 12" long. May have one 4’" spoiler inside car.
6. Weight - 3200 lbs. after race with driver.
7. No exposed bars.
8. Body must sit on frame in OEM position.
9. Aftermarket dirt bodies allowed. Must be approved by track.
10. All bodies should carry original body lines.
11. AR Bodies OK.
Chassis And Suspension:
1. Front suspension components must remain stock or stock type for type of chassis running unless otherwise stated. This includes draglinks, tie rods, spindles, etc. FRONT SUSPENSION! No Astro van spindles etc.
2. Steering - Stock Type - Quickeners OK.
3. Front spring spacers
OK. No front screw jacks allowed.
OEM rear trailing arms only. Rear spring - Jack
bolts OK. Rear spring buckets OK. (Rear jack bolt buckets can be No
taller that 6".)
4. Springs may be changed.
Must remain in stock location. (Racing springs OK) No
5. A-Frames - Upper may be tubular steel or modified O.E.M. Longer GM stock type ball joints OK on upper only. (No screw in ball joints) Lower control arm must be O.E.M for frame used, must remain unaltered in stock position. Stock type replacement ball joints only. (No long ball joint may be used on lower) (No screw in ball joints allowed). No mono-balls allowed. Must run rubber bushings only.
6. Shocks - Front - Bilstien #AK1043 only. (Front shock can be raised 3" only. May lower 2" only. Must use lower stock mounting points.) Rear Bilstien #SSR1 only. May move rear shocks.
7. Engine Location: # 1
sparkplug even with center top ball joint.
8. Framework may be
reinforced. Uni-body cars (frames) must have stock floor pan and must be in
9. Remote power steering reservoirs are legal.
1. Engine must be same make as car. Engine must be STRICTLY STOCK. No factory high performance allowed.
2. Cubic Inch - (Chevy - 350 C.I.) (Ford - 351 C.I.) (Chrysler - 360 C.I.)
- Stock cast iron OEM, may overbore .060
MAXIMUM - NO TOLERANCE! May deck block to .000 deck only
- Factory stock for engine running or Scat part # 4-350-3480 or
Eagle part # ESP103503480 & ESP103523480 only. NO CUTTING ALLOWED.
- Factory stock for engine running OK. NO
WORK ALLOWED OF ANY KIND. May run any rod bolt. May run Eagle rod part
#ESP5700BPLW or Scat part # SCA-25700P. Floating pin OK.
- May use any flat top or dish stock replacement piston, forged
or Hypereutectic. Flat top piston must have 4 valve reliefs (factory). No
custom machining allowed, must use standard (wide) ring package 5/64th",
5/64th", 3/16th". Coating on
- Option 1 -
Factory stock, cast iron, low rise only. Valley pan OK. Must weigh 3100 lbs.
after race with driver. Option 2 -
Edelbrock part #5001, must weigh 3200 lbs after race with driver. Must remain
box stock, no alterations. 1" aluminum open carb spacer
- Factory stock, cast iron OEM straight plug only, screw in
studs allowed, must be 3/8" STD. No high performance or
double hump allowed. NO BLEND WORK ALLOWED. No less than 70 CC. Competition
Valve job OK, may not bore below guide boss. May run roller rockers 1.5 ratio
for Chevy, 3/8 & 7/16 stud, no stud girdles allowed. Buy rule $225. For other
engine manufacturers, stock rocker ratio. Any steel valve spring. Any steel
retainer. POLYLOCKS OK. GUIDE PLATES OK.
Stock diameter stainless steel valves OK. May run Dart
Head SS #10024361 but cannot alter anything other than the following: Must weigh
3350 after the event with dart heads and may not use the edelbrock part #5001.
May run the 2101 or 7101 intake with 1" open spacer only
with 2101. No porting or polishing intakes.
* May clean the exhaust
tip out of the chamber head.
* 64 CC MIN chamber volume.
* Any stainless valve
- 11/32" stem -
1.940 intake - 1.500 exhaust - 65
CC exhaust runner. No titanium keepers, retainers, etc.
* Any valve spring, but
cannot exceed over 1.280 MAX. Steel retainers and keepers only. Stud mounted
rocker arms only - 1.5 ratio. Cannot cut in the pocket.
* Intake runner volume may
NOT exceed 179 CC.
* Intake runner and
chamber volume will be checked at head protest.
9. Camshaft - MUST BE Flat Tappet HYDRAULIC LIFTERS ONLY. Any timing chain. May degree camshaft. Cam must be OEM .425 maximum lift for Chevrolet; others will be .450 maximum lift.
10. Oil Pan
- Any wet sump.
stock. NO AFTER MARKET.
12. Aftermarket pulley
system & belts OK.
13. Any plugs & plug wires
electric radiator cooling fans
15. No electric water pumps.
1. Any standard 4 into 1 collector header. Any length pipe, must stay same diameter.. No coatings allowed. No tri-y's- No "X" or merge type pipes allowed.
2. Exhaust EVAC system OK.
1. Fuel - Track fuel ONLY. Must pass track test.
- OEM Stock single line 2 barrel or 4 barrel for make. Must use
stock or stock replacement gasket. May drill holes in butterflies. No spacer
allowed. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE. Or may run box stock Holley 650 #4777. No 4 corner
idle screws. May run 1" adapter for Holley carb. to stock
manifold with no more than (2) .070" thick gaskets. May
remove choke flap. May drill holes in butterflies. Must pass track gauges. May
run maximum 2" air cleaner riser.
3. Fuel Pump
- Stock OEM only.
4. Fuel cell MANDATORY (Mounted
in metal can).
5. No cold air boxes, may cut hole in hood for air cleaner with 4 1/2" max. tall scoop or air deflector. Scoop may be no more than 4" wider than air cleaner.
1. Stock appearing distributor with stock appearing module. May lock advance and/or change springs.
2. May run brass distributor gear.
1. Clutch - Factory stock OEM style clutch. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE.
2. Pressure Plate- Factory stock OEM style. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE
3. Flywheel - Factory stock. May resurface, No lightening. 14 lbs. min. weight. Z-28 OK.
4. Release Bearing - Hydraulic bearings OK. May run hydraulic slave cylinder.
4. Scatter shield or 3/16" plate around flywheel area - MANDATORY.
5. Transmission - Factory automatic or straight drive. Must have all working gears.
6. Drive Shaft - Factory steel only. 1 1/2" minimum diameter.
7. Rearend: Stock factory
or 9" Ford. Any ratio OK. Posi-traction
or locked OK. Floater OK. 9" Ford mounting points must be
stock type with No adjustability. 4 1/2"
max - 3 1/2" min from center of
axle tube to center of trailing arm bolt. (Any Additional Holes MUST Be Removed)
Gun drilled axles OK. No titanium.
8. Rear Trailing Arms:
Lower: OEM rear trailing arms only, must remain stock.
Upper: May change length or relocate bolt holes for pinion angle.
Left & Right Lower trailing arms must be same length.
Left & Right Upper trailing arms must be same length.
1. Stock 4 wheel disk OK., NO AFTER MARKET, NO ALUMINUM. Must have operational 4 wheel braking system.
2. Racing pedals OK. Brake adjusters inside of car OK.
Tire & Wheels:
1. 60 or 70 series street tire. Hoosier M500, H500 or AR 265 med racing tires allowed. No grooving or sipping.
max width steel wheel.
3. Large wheel studs and
lugs nuts OK
4. Beadlocks OK
- Outward facing only.
NOTICE: Effective May 1,
2016 - Hoosier M500 all the way around. H500 is an
(Two things only) $300.00
with track retaining $100.00
* Bottom end only protest:
Option 1: Weigh
crank/check journals, visual rod and piston from the bottom. Crank will be
weighed with gear and pilot.
Option 2: Remove rod and
piston from engine and visual crank/check journals in place.
* Under hood visual
protest: $50.00 straight fee to look at carb and exhaust. (After heats only)
* Tire Chemical Protest:
$100.00 per tire to protest. $100 per tire acceptance fee. 3 grooved strips
removed from tire & sent for lab testing.
* Fuel Protest
* Shock Buy Rule: Front $80 each. Rear $125 each.
Cherokee Speedway Stock 4 division will follow (SECA) South Eastern Crate Association rules.
Refer to the SECA rules at: www.secaracing.com/rules.html
Tire Rule: Hoosier 400's only. No grooving or sipping. No chemicals allowed. Must meet Hoosier benchmark at an independent lab. Needling allowed.
Extreme 4/ FWD
Aftermarket parts allowed.
Stock unless otherwise stated.
1. 1980 or newer front wheel drive, four cylinder passenger car only. No all wheel drive or all wheel steering allowed. No station wagons, vans or pick up trucks.
2. Body must maintain original dimensions, standard as from the manufacturer. Original body material may be patched or replaced with sheet metal if original body lines remain.
3. Floor pan, trunk pan, front and rear interior wheel wells must remain stock and in stock location.
4. Interior trim must be removed. (Carpet, head liner, side panels, etc.) Any material which is flammable must be removed.
5. Hood must be held shut with at least two hood pins.
6. Must add at least three crash bars in front of driver. All glass must be removed from car.
7. Fabricated dash board ok. Sheet metal interior ok. MUST HAVE MINIMUM OF TWO ACCESS HOLES FOR INSPECTION.
8. Must have rear firewall, inner fenders and wheel wells must remain stock and unaltered. Must have full floor pan, can be replaced or patched to repair rust or damage.
9. Must have a well built four-point roll cage, with a minimum of three door bars on driver side with vertical bracing from top to bottom. Cage must be securely attached to the frame in a safe and secure manner. Front and rear bars are recommended. Track has final say in anything safety related. You must have a racing helmet; fire suit and they must be in date. Car must have a fire extinguisher and a master shut-off switch.
10. Engine - No Variable valve timing engines. 2.2 max engine size. Stock unaltered four-cylinder engine only. No high-performance engines or parts. No turbo chargers or nitrous. Engine must remain absolutely stock. (no excessive shaving of the heads or block) No aftermarket or reground factory camshafts or gears. No racing valves or valve springs- no performance valve jobs- no shims under valve springs. Your engine must remain unaltered and within factory specs with the exception that it may be bored up to 60 over with stock replacement pistons and rods. No high-performance pistons or rods. Must be for the make and model of your engine. No lightening of any engine parts. No aftermarket bolts or head studs. Stock fuel system only. Fuel injectors for your make and model only. Intake and throttle body must be for the correct make and model of your engine and unaltered. Factory headers will be allowed, no aftermarket headers. Factory headers or manifolds must be unaltered. No racing or performance mufflers. Must have factory steel flywheel and cannot be lightened. Must have stock replacement clutch, no racing clutch or pressure plates. Transmission can be welded/locked. No lightening or altering gears. Must have all working gears, ignition system must be stock. No aftermarket, high-performance coils, plug wires etc. Computer must remain stock, no chipped or tuned computers.
11. Weight Rules - Weight of your car will be determined by factory horsepower rating. Example 140 horsepower or below 2100 lbs, 140 horsepower or above 2200 lbs. There will be a weight break of 25 lbs for a full containment seat or Hans device. 25 lbs for one only not both.
Any 2.2 engines that are bored must add an additional 100 lb weight penalty. Weight must be posted on the hood of your car on both sides.
12. Suspension - Only stock suspension parts allowed. Drilling or cutting of the suspension parts for camber is ok. Safety hubs ok. Car may be lowered with stock parts only. No adjustable coil overs. Stock shock location only. Cannot move where shocks/struts mount to the car.
13. Brakes - Must have functional OEM front brakes. Rear brakes may be removed. No bias adjusters or shut offs allowed. No traction control of any kind will be allowed.
14. Wheels And Tires - All wheels must be the same size and offset. No racing wheels- no bead locks- tubes allowed in tires. Tires must have DOT stamp and be legal for highway use. No performance tires, no softening of tires. Track reserves the right to disallow any tire from competition.
15. After three wins driver must start next main event from the rear.
16. Claim Rules - Computer buy rule - $150.00 / Engine buy rule - $1000
five only allowed to buy; Fifth place has first choice. Refusing to sell will
result in a one-week suspension.
17. Protest - Flywheel and clutch (Visual) $50.00. Top end $300.00 Includes - Head, cams, intake, throttle body, and exhaust. Track retains $100.00. Complete engine $500.00 with track retaining $100.00. Whole engine will be removed and inspected.
Track has final say in all protests. All Extreme 4 drivers, car owners, and crews will conduct themselves in a respectful manner. Any after race altercations between drivers, car owners, or crews will result in disqualification, second offense will result in a one month suspension.
This is a class designed for 10 to 17 year olds (The day driver turns 18, must
move up) and any women up to 65. The track reserves the right to promote any
driver up at any time without prior notice. Cars will be on transponders. Any
car consistently ½ second faster than the field will be moved up to Stock 4 the
Any driver competing in a higher division at another track that does not offer Young Guns, will be promoted up to Stock 4 or higher division if consistently finishing in Top 5 at other track. If an entry fee /membership fee is paid to compete in an association or series event in a higher division, driver will be promoted to Stock 4 or higher division immediately.
Please refer to Stock 4 RWD rules. Only exceptions to rules are tires and must have 4 wheel working brakes. Young Guns will run 60 or 70 series across the counter street tire. No racing recaps of any style.
SECA Thunder Bomber
Cherokee Speedway SECA Thunder
Bomber division will follow (SECA)
South Eastern Crate Association
Refer to the SECA rules at: www.secaracing.com/rules.html
Tire Rule: Any 70, 75, or 78 series street legal dot tires series radials. No directional or competition tires.
SECA Pure Stock
Cherokee Speedway SECA Pure Stock
division will follow (SECA)
South Eastern Crate Association
Refer to the SECA rules at: www.secaracing.com/rules.html
Tire Rule: Any 70, 75, or 78 series street legal dot tires. Doesn't have to be same size· No DOT racing tires. No truck, mud grips, high performance, directional, special order, snow, trick gumball, fancy, or exotic tires of any kind.