Stock unless otherwise stated.
Please see drawings at end of rule book: The
objective of body rules are to keep the cars looking
similar to each other and as close to stock while
keeping them Race Cars.
1. Wheelbase - Stock wheel base for chassis being
ran. Any chassis with a weelbase shorter that 108
will not be allowed. No Jeeps or Station wagons.
2. Rubber nose O.K. Nose must match tailpiece. (If
you have a Camaro nose, you must run a Camaro
tailpiece, Monte Carlo, Nova Charger, etc.) NO
exotic or late model style noses or elephant ears
3. Must run FULL tailpiece rear of car. Tailpiece
must match model of nose. Bumper cover cannot be
made of sheet metal.
4. Must run complete, enclosed cockpit. Must have
steel floor pan under driver. Front firewall
location may be moved for engine clearance. Firewall
may be replaced-aluminum or steel material only. Top
& Quarters must be stock looking. Deck height not to
exceed 1 higher than stock. Doors & fenders may be
aluminum. Cars must remain stock appearing.
5. Spoiler - maximum height 6". May run side
spoilers. 6" high x 12" long. May have one 4"
spoiler inside car.
5. Weight - 3200 lbs.-after race with driver.
6. No exposed bars.
7. Body must sit on frame in OEM position.
8. Aftermarket dirt bodies allowed. Must be approved
9. All bodies should carry original body lines.
10. AR Bodies OK.
CHASSIS AND SUSPENSION:
1. Front suspension components must remain stock or
stock type for type of chassis running unless
otherwise stated. This includes draglinks, tie rods,
spindles, etc. FRONT SUSPENSION!
2. Steering - stock type -
3. Front spring spacers O.K. NO front screw jacks
allowed. OEM rear trailing arms only. Rear spring-
jack bolts OK. Rear spring buckets OK. (Rear jack
bolt buckets can be NO taller that 6.)
4. Springs may be changed. Must remain in stock
location. (Racing springs OK) NO stack springs.
5. A-Frames - Upper may be tubular steel or modified
O.E.M. Longer GM stock type ball joints OK on upper
only. (NO screw in ball joints) - Lower control arm
must be O.E.M for frame used, must remain unaltered
in stock position. Stock type replacement ball
joints only. (NO long ball joint may be used on
lower) (NO screw in ball joints allowed). No
mono-balls allowed. Must run rubber bushings only.
6. Shocks - Front - Bilstien #AK1043 only. (Front
shock can be raised 3 only. May lower 2 only. Must
use lower stock mounting points.) Rear Bilstien
#SSR1 only. May move rear shocks.
7. Engine Location: # 1 sparkplug even with center
top ball joint.
8. Framework may be reinforced. Uni-body cars
(frames) must have stock floor pan and must be in
9. Remote power steering reservoirs are legal.
**Johnson Racing X.Y.G. Metric Chassis Allowed.
(This is the ONLY aftermarket chassis that is
allowed.) Please visit
**All tubular frames will be serial numbered. Any
tubular frame without the SECA or Crate Racing
serial numbers will be considered illegal. Any
Johnson frame or repaired clip found to be altered
could result in fines or suspensions.
**Stock metric frames have to option to be repaired
with SECA or Crate Racing USA tubular front and/or
rear clip. Front and Rear clips will also have SECA
or Crate Racing USA serial numbers.
**Stock metric frames have the option to run the
following Johnson Racing Parts:
Left Upper A Frame- JCI-09-02-003L
Right Upper A Frame- JCI-09-02-003R
Left Lower A Frame- JCI-09-02-01RC-L-SP
Right Lower A Frame- JCI-09-02-01RC-R-SP
Rear Upper Trailing Arm- JCI-09-03-04B
Rear Lower Trailing Arm- JCI-09-03-03B
1. Engine must be same make as car. Engine must be
STRICTLY STOCK. NO factory high performance allowed.
2. Cubic inch - Chevy- 350 C.I.- Ford - 351
C.I.-Chrysler - 360 C.I.
3. Block - stock cast iron OEM, may overbore .060
MAXIMUM- NO TOLERANCE! May deck block to .000 deck
only NO TOLERANCE
4. Crankshaft - Factory stock for engine running or
Scat part # 4-350-3480 or Eagle part # ESP103503480
& ESP103523480 only. NO CUTTING ALLOWED.
5. Rods - factory stock for engine running OK. NO
WORK ALLOWED OF ANY KIND. May run any rod bolt. May
run Eagle rod part #ESP5700BPLW or Scat part #
SCA-25700P. Floating pin OK.
6. Pistons - May use any flat top or dish stock
replacement piston, forged or Hypereutectic. Flat
top piston must have 4 valve reliefs (factory). NO
custom machining allowed, must use standard (wide)
ring package 5/64th", 5/64th", 3/16th". Coating on
7. Intake - factory stock, cast iron, low rise only.
Valley pan OK. NO AFTER MARKET INTAKES ALLOWED
8. Heads - factory stock, cast iron OEM straight
plug only, screw in studs allowed, must be 3/8" STD.
NO high performance or double hump allowed. NO BLEND
WORK ALLOWED. No less than 70 CC. Competition Valve
job OK, may not bore below guide boss. May run
roller rockers 1.5 ratio for Chevy, 3/8 stud, no
stud girdles allowed. Buy rule $225. For other
engine manufacturers, stock rocker ratio. Any steel
valve spring. Any steel retainer. POLYLOCKS O.K.
GUIDE PLATES O.K. Stock diameter stainless steel
9. Camshaft - MUST BE Flat Tappet HYDRAULIC LIFTERS
ONLY. Any timing chain. May degree camshaft. Cam
must be OEM 425 maximum lift for Chevrolet; others
will be .450 maximum lift.
10. Oil pan - Any wet sump.
11. Balancers - factory stock. NO AFTER MARKET.
12. Aftermarket pulley system & belts OK.
13. Any plugs & plug wires OK.
14. NO electric radiator cooling fans
15. NO electric water pumps.
1. Any standard 4 into 1 collector header. Any
length pipe, must stay same diameter. No coatings
allowed. No tri-ys- No "X" or merge type pipes
2. Exhaust EVAC system OK.
1. Fuel-Track fuel ONLY. Must pass track test.
2. Carburetor- OEM Stock single line 2 barrel or 4
barrel for make. Must use stock or stock replacement
gasket. May drill holes in butterflies. No spacer
allowed. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE. Or may run box stock
Holley 650 #4777. No 4 corner idle screws. May run
1 adapter for Holley carb. to stock manifold with
no more than (2) .070 thick gaskets. May remove
choke flap. May drill holes in butterflies. Must
pass track gauges. May run maximum 2 air cleaner
3. Fuel pump - stock OEM only.
4. Fuel cell MANDATORY (mounted in metal can)
5. NO cold air boxes, may cut hole in hood for air
cleaner with 4 1/2 max. tall scoop or air
deflector. Scoop may be no more than 4" wider than
1. Stock appearing distributor with stock appearing
module. May lock advance and/or change springs.
2. May run brass distributor gear.
1. Clutch - Factory stock OEM style clutch. NO HIGH
2. Pressure plate - Factory stock OEM style. NO HIGH
3. Flywheel - Factory stock. May resurface, NO
lightening. 14 lbs. min. weight. Z-28 O.K.
4. Release Bearing - Hydraulic bearings OK. May run
hydraulic slave cylinder.
4. Scatter shield or 3/16" plate around flywheel
5. Transmission - Factory automatic or straight
drive. Must have all working gears.
6. Drive shaft - Factory steel only. 1 1/2" minimum
7. Rearend: Stock factory or 9" Ford. Any ratio O.K.
Posi-traction or locked OK. Floater OK. 9" Ford
mounting points must be stock type with NO
adjustability. 4 1/2" max- 3 1/2" min from center of
axle tube to center of trailing arm bolt. (Any
Additional Holes MUST Be Removed) Gun drilled axles
OK. NO titanium.
8. Rear Trailing Arms:
Lower: OEM rear trailing arms only, must remain
Upper: May change length or relocate bolt holes for
Left & Right Lower trailing arms must be same
Left & Right Upper trailing arms must be same
1. Stock type 4 wheel disk O.K., NO AFTER MARKET, NO
ALUMINUM. Must have operational 4 wheel braking
2. Racing pedals O.K. Brake adjusters inside of car
TIRES & WHEELS:
1. 60 or 70 series street tire. Hoosier M500, H500
or AR 265 med racing tires allowed. NO grooving or
2. 8" max width steel wheel.
2. Large wheel studs and lugs nuts OK
3. Beadlocks OK- Outward facing only.
NOTICE: Effective May 1, 2016- Hoosier M500 all the
way around. H500 is an optional tire.
Protest: (Two things only) $300.00 with track
Bottom end only protest: $600.
Option 1: Weigh crank/check journals, visual rod and
piston from the bottom. Crank will be weighed with
gear and pilot.
Option 2: Remove rod and piston from engine and
visual crank/check journals in place.
Under hood visual protest: $50.00 straight fee to
look at carb and exhaust. (After heats only)
Tire Chemical Protest: $100.00 per tire to protest.
$100 per tire acceptance fee. 3 grooved strips
removed from tire & sent for lab testing.
Fuel Protest - $50.00
Shock buy rule: Front $80 each. Rear $125 each.